There is still time to make a submission to the 10th International Evidence Based Library and Information Practice Conference – EBLIP10. This event takes place next year between 17th and 19th June 2019 (with pre-conference workshops on 15th and 16th June) in Glasgow, Scotland, UK. The revised deadline for 350 word paper and poster proposals is now Monday 10th December 2018.
Submissions for papers and posters that fit with the broad theme of ‘Using evidence in times of uncertainty’ are invited via EasyChair.
Following double blind peer review by the members of the International Programme Committee, accepted papers will be delivered at the conference as 20 minute oral presentations, and poster participants will be invited to participate in a ‘Poster madness’ session (one of the highlights of EBLIP9).
After the conference, presenters will be encouraged to submit their papers to practitioner-focussed open access journals, and to contribute to a special feature in the EBLIP Journal. See, for example, the feature from EBLIP9 in 2017.
For further information about submissions, please see the call for papers page on the EBLIP10 web site. The conference web site also shows an outline schedule for the event (including a note of the social events such as the welcome reception in the magnificent Glasgow City Chambers, the conference dinner at Òran Mór, and an optional post-conference tour of Glengoyne Distillery) plus information about the three keynote speakers:
- Donna Scheeder, Past President of both the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) and the Special Libraries Association (SLA)
- David Stewart of Health Library and Knowledge Services North, and incoming President of the UK Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
- Frankie Wilson of the Bodleian Library, University of Oxford and co-author of Putting library assessment data to work (Facet, 2018)
The key dates associated with EBLIP10 are as follows:
- 10th December 2018 – call for papers closes
- 18th January 2019 – authors of submissions notified of decisions
- 15th February 2019 – deadline for authors of submissions to confirm participation
- Spring 2019 – conference registration opens
- 15th – 16th June 2019 – pre-conference workshops
- 17th-19th June 2019 – conference