Registration is open for the next Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN) Scotland meet-up which takes place on the evening of Monday 7th May at the Edinburgh Napier University Merchiston campus (room E17). Doors open 17:30, talks start 18:00, and the event is expected to finish around 20:00. The event is organised by Centre for Social Informatics colleagues Peter Cruickshank and Dr Bruce Ryan.
Open Knowledge meet-ups are friendly and informal gatherings for the discussion of open knowledge and open data. Topics range from politics and philosophy to the practicalities of theory and practice.
At the meeting on Monday 7th May there will be lightning talks from:
- Oluwaseun Bamgboye – Edinburgh Napier University
- Paul Bradley – Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Ingi Helgason – Edinburgh Napier University
- Sally Kerr – City of Edinburgh Council
- Allan Lloyds – Product Forge
- Patricia McClay – Barclays Eagle Lab
- Christopher Stone – Edinburgh Napier University
Drinks and snacks will be provided as part of the free registration.
For further information about Open Knowledge Scotland please see the group’s web site at http://scot.okfn.org. For further information about the event on 7th May, please see the registration page, or contact one of the organisers: Peter Cruickshank (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Bruce Ryan (email@example.com).