Today Dr Bruce Ryan and I are hosting the second of the four Royal Society of Edinburgh funded Research Impact Value and Library and Information Science (RIVAL) network events. The members of the RIVAL network are meeting in central Edinburgh at St Cecilia’s Hall from 10:00 onwards to discuss the impact and value of library and information science research and – in particular – the ways to maximise this in practice.
Today’s programme includes:
- An introduction to the day by Hazel Hall (slides available on SlideShare)
- Three (formal) conference papers delivered by (1) David Stewart (slides available on SlideShare) (2) Hazel Hall and Sean McNamara (slides available on SlideShare); and (3) Diane Pennington and Laura Cagnazzo (slides available on SlideShare)
- Informal presentations from a selection of network members
- Opportunities for members to network: in the breaks; when completing the BIG RIVAL business card exercise (slides available on SlideShare); during the post-event tour of St Cecilia’s Hall; and over drinks at Holyrood 9a at the end of the day
- Planning for Event 4 on 9th July 2020*
If you would like to follow the proceedings over the course of the day, please keep an eye on the Twitter hashtag #lisrival. If you would like to follow particular sessions, the timings can be seen in the Event 2 programme.
(*The programme for Event 3 on 19th March 2020 has already been decided.)