On 6th May 2020, the Scottish Government announced a ‘£75 million boost for Scottish university research’ to contribute to the mitigation of effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Scottish university research base. This recognised the wide range of impacts to both the income and activity of university research in the short, medium and longer term. The Scottish Funding Council then announced the allocation of this funding to the Scottish universities on 12th June, and in recent months each institution has considered the best use this investment to meet the objectives of: Continue reading
Tag Archives: Scottish Funding Council
RIVAL at the Royal Society of Edinburgh Awards Reception 2019
Last week, on Monday 9th September, I participated at the Royal Society of Edinburgh‘s (RSE) Annual Awards Reception. Each year this event provides a snapshot of the creative and innovative projects that are supported by the RSE and its partners: the Scottish Funding Council, Scottish Enterprise, BBSRC, STFC, BP, IBioIC and Fullbright. Continue reading
Tackling gender inequality from the classroom to the boardroom: workshop preview
- Why do we continue to see gender stereotyping in education?
- What is the impact of such gender stereotyping on the labour market?
- How does gender stereotyping limit career opportunities for individuals?
- What are the wider impacts of gender stereotyping on society at large?
- Which approaches work best in achieving sustained change with respect to gender imbalance in educational settings and the workplace?
These questions will be addressed at a half-day workshop on tackling gender inequality, hosted by the Employment Research Institute (ERI) at Edinburgh Napier University from 10:00-13:00 on Tuesday 10th May 2016. The discussions will take into account recent research on gender imbalances in education and key sectors of the economy undertaken at the ERI. Continue reading