Last week, on Monday 9th September, I participated at the Royal Society of Edinburgh‘s (RSE) Annual Awards Reception. Each year this event provides a snapshot of the creative and innovative projects that are supported by the RSE and its partners: the Scottish Funding Council, Scottish Enterprise, BBSRC, STFC, BP, IBioIC and Fullbright. Continue reading
- Why do we continue to see gender stereotyping in education?
- What is the impact of such gender stereotyping on the labour market?
- How does gender stereotyping limit career opportunities for individuals?
- What are the wider impacts of gender stereotyping on society at large?
- Which approaches work best in achieving sustained change with respect to gender imbalance in educational settings and the workplace?
These questions will be addressed at a half-day workshop on tackling gender inequality, hosted by the Employment Research Institute (ERI) at Edinburgh Napier University from 10:00-13:00 on Tuesday 10th May 2016. The discussions will take into account recent research on gender imbalances in education and key sectors of the economy undertaken at the ERI. Continue reading