Edinburgh Napier University is currently running an Inclusivity Week. Those of us involved in gender equality initiatives at the University through our Athena SWAN work are contributing to the week’s events. Continue reading
Today I’m taking part in a workshop entitled ‘Tackling gender inequality from the classroom to the boardroom’ hosted by the Employment Research Institute (ERI) at Edinburgh Napier University. My presentation draws on my experience of leading Athena SWAN work at Edinburgh Napier. Amongst the other expert speakers are: Continue reading
- Why do we continue to see gender stereotyping in education?
- What is the impact of such gender stereotyping on the labour market?
- How does gender stereotyping limit career opportunities for individuals?
- What are the wider impacts of gender stereotyping on society at large?
- Which approaches work best in achieving sustained change with respect to gender imbalance in educational settings and the workplace?
These questions will be addressed at a half-day workshop on tackling gender inequality, hosted by the Employment Research Institute (ERI) at Edinburgh Napier University from 10:00-13:00 on Tuesday 10th May 2016. The discussions will take into account recent research on gender imbalances in education and key sectors of the economy undertaken at the ERI. Continue reading